The litchi fruit
Litchi is a monotypic fruit and the sole member in the genus of the soapberry family. Also, it is a tropical tree native to the Guangdong, Fujian, and Yunnan provinces of Southeast and Southwest China. The cultivation is since the 11th century. This article discusses the litchi fruit.
What does litchi taste like?
- The aromatic litchi is sweet, also along with slightly floral and acidic notes.
- Upon biting, we get a juicy flavor, similar to a strawberry or pear with a hint of citrus.
- Also, some compare the floral taste to rose.
How should one eat this?
- One can usually eat this fresh, also by canning or drying it
- People with a lot of blood sugar level should steer clear of all kinds of sugary foods that have high glycemic index.
- The sugary fruits such as litchis are associated with high GI and can be a reason for the spike in blood- glucose level.
Litchi contains the following:
- Also, RUTIN
These can help one by protecting from heart disease and diabetes.
Litchis contain dietary fiber, antioxidants, and water.
Also, they have a minimal amount of calories and also trace amounts of fat.
Studies suggest that dietary fiber in litchis may help in weight loss. In addition, eating litchis may regulate bowel movements and also can improve digestion.
- Litchi fruit is a good source of vitamin C.
- It takes care of liver health.
- Also, Litchi extract has possible anti-cancer properties.
- Litchi has oligonol, also that’s a dietary supplement.
- Brain inflammation
- Low blood sugar
- Swelling of lips
- Swelling of tongue
- Difficult breathing
You can find fresh litchi in some grocery stores.
Also, Asian supermarkets often sell litchis.
Check the label to see if they’re along sugar syrup or their own juice.
In the US, litchi season begins in May and runs through the summer.
You can refrigerate fresh lichi fruit for 5 to 10 days. Also, you can freeze whole fruit with the peel on. Also, some can be stored for up to 1 year at room temperature.
Some ways to use fresh litchi include:
- Firstly, using litchi juice to make a cocktail
- Secondly, stir-frying it with pork, chicken, or shrimp
- Chopping up and mixing it with avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and onion to make a salsa
- Making a fruit salad with lychee fruit, pineapple chunks, melon, and other favorite fruits
ALSO READ: The Sabudana kichadi
World-class learning for you
– Start learning with Easy Shiksha today and get certified
– Also, Authorized certificates recognized everywhere.