Makhana ( fox nuts )
Also called as lotus seeds or fox nuts.
- Makhana is a good source of protein and fibre.
- Rich in antioxidants like gallic acid, chlorogenic acid, and epicatechin.
- Good source of micronutrients like calcium, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus.Calcium, in particular, has been shown to support bone health, help reduce blood pressure, and decrease cholesterol levels.
- Might help stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Also may support weight loss. Protein, in particular, has been shown to reduce food cravings and help regulate your appetite
- May have anti-ageing properties.
So let’s snack on these little yummies!
Starting with the savoury
Steps for preparation:
- Pre-heat the kadhai/pan
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee
- Add the makhana seeds
- keep stirring till crispy/crunchy texture
- Sprinkle pani puri masala , red chilli powder and salt as per taste.
- And the makhana seeds are ready to eat!
Certainly this is a very filling and satisfying snack.
Got some more time ?
- Chop onion,tomatoes,coriander add to the pani puri makhana.
- Garnish with some sev.
- Your makhana panipuri bhel is ready.
Steps for preparation: chocolate fox nuts
- Pre-heat the kadhai or pan as per choice.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- Add fox nuts.
- Stir till crunchy/ crispy texture
- Melt the chocolate or use chocolate syrup
- chop almonds, raisins as per taste
- glaze the makhana with the melted chocolate add dry fruits on top
- Refrigerate for 15 mins to enhance the taste
Your healthy cinema treat is ready!
People are making better choices in snacking we are here to help you providing you with sustainable choices and healthy recipes hope you enjoy this snack.
For easy and healthy dark chocolate recipes click here
For Online courses and certification click here